Bee Sting


Bee Sting

It is a common condition occur due to the biting of bee or any insect. It is an painful and annoying condition. It cause mild symptoms but if you are allergic to such substances then you may developed some serious allergic reaction.


Signs and symptoms vary among the people. It causes mild, moderate and severe allergic reactions.

Mild reaction include:Bee Sting Symptoms Treatment

  • Swelling at the affected area
  • Burning pain
  • Redness at affected area

Moderate reaction include:

  • Sharp intense pain
  • Redness
  • Swelling bump like appearance at the sting site

Severe reaction include:

  • Swelling in throat
  • Difficulty in breathing
  • Difficulty in swallowing
  • Hives and itching
  • Weak pulse
  • Vomiting
  • Fainting
  • Dizziness


It is cause by the biting of bee through their sting, venom in the bee sting has proteins which damage the skin cells and infect the immune system which causes the severe allergic reaction.


After taking your medical and traveling history your doctor might be recommend the following test to rule out the other conditions:

  • Blood test to check the other infectious causes.
  • Skin test to check the allergic response to allergen.


Mild cases may resolve on it own but moderate and severe allergic reaction require immediate treatment to prevent the complications. Treatment options include:

  • Beta agonist to avoid the breathing symptoms
  • Epinephrine to reduce the allergic reaction
  • Oxygen
  • Antihistamine to reduce the inflammation

Lifestyle and home remedies

  • Clean the affected area with mild soap
  • Wore full sleeves and cover dress
  • Icing the biting area
  • Apply the analgesic for pain
  • Topical steroids to reduce the inflammation
Scroll to Top