It involved the broken of one or more bones in your arm which include ulna, humerus and radius. Broken arm generally occurs due to the fall with outstretched hands. It required urgent treatment due to the complications.
Signs and symptoms include:
- Swelling at fractured area
- Severe pain
- Limited movement
- Pain in movement
General causes of broken arm include:
- Injuries during sports activities
- Road traffic accidents
- Falling with outstretched hands
- Child abuse
If left untreated then following complications can occur;
- Growth deformity
- Uneven growth
- Ischemic injury
- Nerve damage
- Compartment syndrome
Your doctor does the physical examination to check the movement and reflexes and tenderness and recommend the x-ray to check the severity of injury.
Treatment options may include:
- To prevent the deformity during healing process.
- To reduce the pain and swelling
- Setting the bone. By applying cast after setting at normal position
- Physical therapy. For movement after removing of cast.
- But putting wires and plates to reduce the deformity and to maintained the normal function in severe road traffic accident.