It is the condition which involved arteries and veins of your arm and legs, inflammation occur in the blood vessels which causes swelling of vessels and then blockage occur in the vessels.
Signs and symptoms include:
- Fingers and toes become blue expose to cold.
- Numbness in the hands and feet
- Bruising over the skin
- Painful sore over the fingers and toes
- Pale reddish or blue color hands and feet
There is certain factor which play their role in the development of this condition like genetic and environmental factors play huge role. Certain chemical in the tobacco damage the inner lining of the blood vessels and elicit the inflammatory reaction.
After taking history your doctor might recommend the following test to diagnosis the cause of this condition:
- Angiogram to check the condition of your blood vessels.
- Blood test to rule out any autoimmune causes.
- Allen’s test to check the blood flow through the vessels
The major aim of treatment is to stop the inflammation and prevent the complications. Treatment options include:
- Stop smoking as soon as diagnosis this condition.
- Medication for blood vessels dilation to improve the blood flow.
- Amputation of necrosis occur
- Nerve surgery to control the pain.
- Angiogenesis therapy to grow the new vessels.
Lifestyle and home remedies
Lifestyle tips include:
- Take care of your skin condition
- Exercise daily
- Prevent infections
- Maintain mouth hygiene
- Avoid smoke