It is the uncommon condition of skin in which blisters appeared in skin. Blisters are usually fluid-filled and mostly occur on abdomen, thighs and armpits. Older adults are more prone to get this blister.
Below mention are the signs and symptoms of bullous pemphigoid:
- Eczema like rash
- Reddish color skin
- Large fluid filled blisters
- Soreness in mouth
This is the occur due to the abnormal functioning of the immune system but there are many causes which developed these blisters include:
- Medications like sulfasalazine, etanercept and penicillin.
- Certain medical condition also elicits this condition like lichen planus, psoriasis, and rheumatoid arthritis.
For diagnosis your doctor might recommend the certain tests to rule out the other conditions like:
- Blood test to check the complete count of blood cells.
- Urine analysis
- Skin biopsy
Treatment depend upon the severity of condition. The aim of treatment is to stop the inflammation and prevent the complications.
- Steroid-sparing drugs will help you to reduce the inflammation by decreasing the production of white blood cells called immune cells of your body.
- Corticosteroids to reduce the infection and inflammation
Lifestyle and Home Remedies
Along with treatment, home remedies will provide you a better result:
- Eat a healthy food
- Clean your wound regularly
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure
- Avoid heavy activities
- Wore light loose cotton cloths