It Is defined as the clouding of the lens of eye. Due to which vision become blur, to see through cataract lens is like to see in a frosty or fogged up window. Sometime they developed so slowly and doesn’t disturb eyesight in initial stage but later may cause blurring of vision.
Below mention are the signs and symptoms if cataracts:
- Blurred vision
- Increase sensitivity to light
- Need more light for reading
- Difficulty to see at night
- Frequent change in eye glasses.
It is occurred due to aging and injury which causes changing in tissue of eye lens. Cataract formation occur behind the iris part of lens. Cataract causing clouding of lens and involved more part of lens as the time passes and then block the light passage to the retina where image formation occurs.
After taking history your doctor might recommend the following tests:
- Retinal examination to check the back of your eyes.
- Visual acuity test to check the vision.
- Slit-lamp examination to see the front condition of eye under eye magnification.
There is only option to treat cataract is surgery because it does not correct by wearing glasses.
Surgery include the process which remove the clouded lens and transplant the clear artificial lens which is called intraocular lens in the same site where original lens situated.
Lifestyle and home remedies
- Avoid driving during night
- Use a magnifying glass for reading
- Use most accurate eye glasses
- Use bright light and lamp during studying
- Use sunglasses during day time