It is defined as the cancer of kidneys. Kidneys located in the lower abdomen one on each side they both are bean shaped organ. They produce some important hormones which are necessary for the normal function of the body.
Signs and symptom include:
- Weight loss
- Loss of appetite
- Blood in urine
It is occurred when mutation causes changing in the cell’s machinery which is called DNA. Then growth of cell starts in un control fashion and make large number of abnormal cells which disturb the whole organ.
Diagnostic procedure includes:
- Blood test to check the complete count and hormone level secreted by kidneys.
- Urinary analysis to check any abnormality and blood.
- Imaging test like x-ray and ultrasound.
- Biopsy of kidney tissue to check the stage of cancer.
Treatment option for kidney cancer include:
- Surgical option include nephrectomy to remove the entire affected kidney along with adrenals and senile lymph nodes. Partial nephrectomy also done when there is small part of kidney is affected by cancer.
- Nonsurgical option include radiotherapy to kill the cancerous cells and cryoablation to freeze the cancer cells. Chemotherapy is rarely use for kidney cancer.