The condition in which inflammation occur in the mesentery which is the connective tissue and hold the intestine in place. After inflammation there is scar formation occur in mesentery. It is the rare condition which obstruct the small intestine and sometime need surgery to remove the scar tissue.
Signs and Symptoms of sclerosing mesenteritis include:
The exact cause of this disease is still unknown.
After taking history your doctor might recommend the following tests:
- Imaging test to check the extend of disease in abdomen
- Tissue biopsy to rule out the malignancy
- Physical examination to exclude the other causes
Treatment options include:
- Corticosteroids to reduce the inflammation
- Hormone therapy to prevent the growth of scar tissue
- Other medicine like azathioprine seems to be helpful in this condition
- If not treated with medicine, then surgical removal of scar tissue is necessary to reduce the obstruction