It is the cancer of the vulva which is the outer part of the female reproductive system. It surrounds the urethra and vagina, labia and clitoris.
Below mention are the signs and symptoms of vulvar cancer:
- Wart like lump
- Skin changes like thickening
The exact causes of vulvar cancer are still unknown but mutation in the DNA of the cells of vulvar cells is the only causes responsible of the cancer formation. Mutation make the cell to grow in uncontrol fashion rapidly. Cells produce as a result of mutation are abnormal in morphology and in function.
Diagnostic tests for endometrial cancer include:
- Transvaginal ultrasound to take the detailed image of your vagina and uterus
- Pelvic examination to check any physical abnormality
- Hysteroscopy to see inner condition of uterus with the help of the flexible tube-like endoscopy.
The aim of treatment is to reduce the signs and symptoms and prevent the complications. Treatment options include:
- Surgery to remove the vulvar tissue if it became invasive in nature.
- Radiotherapy to kill the cancerous cells with the help of radiations.
- Chemotherapy used chemotherapy drugs to kill the cancer cells. Drugs can be given by intravenously or by orally.
- Hormonal therapy for advance type of cancer.
- Immunotherapy to make your immune system strong to cope the stress of cancer.