This problem involve the part of your body which control the balance of your body. You feel dizziness and the things spinning around you when you want to stand straight or try to walk. Sometimes it can happen during lying and sitting positions also. Many organs work together to support the body and provide balance like inner ear, nerves, muscles and blood vessels.
Below mention are the signs and symptoms of balance problems:
- Vision problems
- Loss of balance
It can occur due to several conditions which include:
- Meneire’s disease
- Vestibular neuritis
- Acoustic neuroma
- Head injury
- Motion sickness
- Postural hypotension
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Other neurological problems like Parkinson’s disease
- Psychiatric disorder
After taking your medical history and performing a physical examination your doctor might recommend the following tests to confirm the diagnosis:
- Imaging test like MRI and ultrasound to detect any underlying causes.
- Rotary chair test to check the eye movement.
- Posturography test to check the abnormality during walking with safety measurements.
- Hearing test to evaluate the hearing problem associated with balancing.
- Check the blood pressure and heart rate.
Treatment options include:
- Positioning procedure to remove the foreing substances from the inner ear which causes the balancing problems.
- Vestibular rehabilitation will help you to prevent falling during walking and reduce the sign and symptom of your disease.
- To control the vomiting and fainting and cope up with dizziness.
- Lifestyle changes will help you to fight against migraines and reduce the symptoms.
- Any tumor in the inner ear or in the pathway of nerve may required the surgical removal to cure this disease.