It is defined as the traumatic brain injury which occur due to the direct blow to the skull or shaking the head vigorously. It affects the brain temporary which include severe headache and problem with balancing and coordination.
Signs and symptoms include:
- Vision problem
- Slurred speech
- Lack of concentration
It is cause by the shaking of head violently due to which brain substance injured against the inner wall of the skull. Sometime injury is so severe that it may cause bleeding in the brain and causes more damage. Bleeding may lead to the clot formation which increases the risk of stroke.
If left untreated it may lead to the following complications:
- Vertigo after the trauma
- More damage to brain
- Fatal brain swelling
Diagnostic test includes:
- Imaging test like Xray and MRI to see the brain picture in clear form.
- Neurological exam to check the normal function of the brain like coordination, reflexes and balance.
- Laboratory test of body fluids to evaluate the other causes.
Treatment steps include:
- Mental and physical rest. It is the best way to heal your injury it required relax from all the activities like concentration, learning and activity which required involvement of brain after 1-2 days of complete rest you should start daily activity gradually and slowly but heavy physical activity should avoid for some time.
- After concerning with your doctor start your daily routine life gradually and slowly.
- Take pain reliver like acetaminophen and ibuprofen for pain.